Thursday, December 8, 2016

Godu Phovu

This is one of the traditional sweet which we prepare for prasadam / Naivedhyam . whenever I prepare this sweet it reminds me of my childhood days when I used to wait for my mom to give me as Prasad after the pooja was performed .....v divine and a lovely sweet which I even now prepare on our main festivals like Gowri pooja,  Ganesh chaturthi :) ....Here is the recipe for that :D




Ingredients

3/4 cup jaggery

2 cups of  patal phovu / Thin variety of Beaten Rice 

2 cups of finely grated coconut

1 cup of water

5-6 Green cardamom  freshly grouund seeds of elaichi

2 tbsp of Roasted black til ( opt) ( But gives a very nice flavour to the whole dish )

Method


  • Heat Jaggery in a pan add in water and boil till all jaggery is melted and you have a left with one sting consistency .
  • Now add in grated coconut  boil till the coconut absorbs all jaggery syrup but make sure you don't make it too dry here. Add in elaichi powder and give it a mix.
  • Switch off the flame and allow it to come to room temperature.
  • Add in phovu you have u use very thin variety here and mix well with your hands such that all tht syrup is coated well to the poha.
  • Add in roasted til / sesame seeds and mix well.
  • Serve ...it's a delicious version of sweet and truly Lip smacking on one too.... :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment