Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Crab Alle piyava Ghashi (Crab in ginger onion Ghashi)

Some dishes I have always stuck to the actual recipe which was passed on by my Ancestor and here is one of it , one of my most favourite way of cooking crabs is  incorporating it in this simple gingery flavoured based curry which I absolutely love. Vegetarians can substitute crab with any vegs of your choice my favourite being Mangalore cucumber for this type of curry . Now moving on to this recipe I am sure most of the Amchi household follow the same curry base and here is the way my mom has prepared and we have relished this curry all these years :D




Ingredients 

5-6 Med sized crabs (washed, cleaned and cut into half)

2 'ginger (finely chopped)

1 small onion (finely chopped)

3-4 green chillies (cut into roundels)

10- 12 Fried Red chillies

1 and 1/2 cup coconut 

1 tsp tamarind 

salt to taste 

1 tbsp coconut oil (opt)

Method 


  • Wash , clean and cut crabs and keep it aside.
  • Grind coconut , Red chillies, tamarind adding 1/2 to 1 cup warm water to a to a fine paste.
  • In a wide wok add paste , little water bring to a boil add in crabs and bring to a boil add ginger, green chillies , onion bring to a boil.
  • Add in salt , lastly drizzle 1 tbsp coconut oil.






No comments:

Post a Comment